Let me see those bad boys---Canon Rebel XT

N

nemo_66

Well, i have been considering buying one of these cameras for some time now, so i would like to see some pictures you have took with them. Please include a 'normal' shot and a macro if you can. thanks in advance. :cheer:

traps

Rebel XT with stock lens, can't remember settings. Touched up in photoshop (auto levels, auto contrast).

alphamandi

It's a great camera!!!! I have the digital one and love it!!!! I am new to the sie and having trouble posting pictures sorry. The camera is worth the money!!!

N

nemo_66

ok, thanks and great shot. yes, i am also getting the digital. film cameras are not..... cool. lol

zman1

Originally Posted by Traps
Rebel XT with stock lens, can't remember settings. Touched up in photoshop (auto levels, auto contrast).
BTW sweet picture
If you have the original picture the setting are embedded in the file.
This isn't my picture, but I download them on occasion to see what camera folks are using or settings. The way you lose this information is if you use for example Adobe and crop/mask copy and paste the mask in a new file, only in the new file do you lose it.
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
2007/01/04 11:39:05
Image Size: 484 x 323
Focal Length: 55mm
Exposure Mode: Programmed Auto
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
1/60 sec - F/5.6
Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
Sensitivity:
White Balance:

N

nemo_66

thats an awesome picture even though its not yours. lol. comon, i no there are more people with this camera. at least two. lets see some posts.

05xrunner

Well I use to have the XT....I upgraded to the 30D before I got my tank..here are some shots from the zoo with it. My advice is to learn the creative modes..Skip the preset modes. The macro setting doesnt let you do any different then the other settings just bumps up the ISO. The glass is what gives you the ability to shoot in true macro. not the body. Dont forget though..Glass makes a HUGE difference. All my shots are with L grade glass. Or Sigma EX grade

Here are my shots with my 30D on my tank...There really isnt going to be any image quality difference between the 2..Just body build and some better features.

05xrunner

Oh yea about that guy in the link with his pics..I see he shot at f32...there is NO point in doing that...With digital you really have a limit of f16 before it actually starts to degrade some image quality. Plus I cant ever see why to shoot at f32

N

nemo_66

those are some really great pictures. makes me want to buy it now, but have to wait till B-day.
Has anyone heard of express cameras? they have dirt cheap Rebels but i dont want to get my money sucked in. here is a link.
http://www.expresscameras.com/prodet...306293&start=1
also, are those two lenses it comes with any good? just for everyday shots and macros?

traps

Hehe, "run away".
Having of bought the "XT Kit" that comes with the stock lens, I regret it. It's constantly lacking in any area. It doesn't make the camera unusable, just so much easier to do better. If I could do it again I would of gladly paid the extra for a different lens. (I have been able to borrow lens' from photographers for different events, hence my opinion).

N

nemo_66

looks like i will buy from one of those websites you listed there. thanks for the tip traps. oh and 05xrunner, thanks for the review site. .44 is pathetic.
Originally Posted by 05xrunner
an AWESOME starter lens would be the Sigma 17-70..its not to expensive and VERY sharp and good colors.
PS- starter lense! are you kidding?!? the cheapist i saw was 369. maybe starter in another year. lol
i also dont get how there are two numbers in a lense. like 17-70. what do these numbers mean. sorry, i am new to this and dont want to screw this up. my parents would kill me if i blow off that much money and it sucks. lol

05xrunner

17 is the wide end 17mm and 70 is the long end 70mm
its a 17mm-70mm zoom lens
Another good lens to start off with is the canon 28-105 f3.5-4.5 its like I think $230
Makes sure if you go for that its the f3.5-4.5 not the f4-5.6 cause that one is junk

05xrunner

no..bigger fstop # mean its slower lens. the smaller the # the faster the lens and better for lower light