Let the cycle begin...

eye.guy

Well got my first batch of LR today 67.5 lbs, gonna get that much more tomorrow. Anyway hope this starts my cycle and someday allow me to actually get some fish. Also set up a QT tank as I think its a good idea, and a hospital tank just in case.
Well, here is some pics from tonight, I hope they are clear. What visual signs should I be looking for, and how soon?

hot883

Looking very nice. Welcome to the boards too. Test your water now and see what the levels of ammonia, nitrites and NiTrates. Test again in several days. A complete cycle will take 4-6 weeks. This is the hardest time and part of this hobby. BE PATIENT. Ask on here before you buy anything. Saves ya big time down the road.

flighter x

The water looks absaloutly amazing, looks really nice and wavey up the top, keep us updated, love to see your tank in few weeks time.

seannmelly

Very nice tank! Good start on the liverock, I would suggest getting more. I don't believe there are any visual signs(i could be wrong)of a cycle. Just test your water and you will see your levels go up and towards the end of the cycle you will see them start to come down. When your levels ammonia, nitrite are zero its a good indication that your cycle is finished. Good luck keep us posted!

anonome

Now is the time to even buy uncured live rock, it will help with the cycle and it is much cheaper. I especially like the flat piece you have in there. Is this going to be a reef or fish only? Also what size tank? Looks great.

eye.guy

Not sure if I am happy with aquascape but will do for now some pieces are big and heavy to move around. Good a good deal on cured rock 5.62 lb. After 24-48 hours with 1st and 2nd rock installed ammonia reads just .25 so it may not go really high now the wait for it to go away.
I included a pic of my skimmer too, lfs guy said it was a really good one.

opus18

Showed the pics to my wife... She loves the lighting... We're still using the factory lights for our bowfront... at least until this weekend... LFS just re-opened after a fire and being down for quite some time... Doing a major sale... 30-50% off... looking at the Coralife 36 Inch Aqualight