Let's see those Christmas Lights!

tangman99

This is what I have been doing ALL.....DARN.......DAY! It looks pretty good now that it's done but nothing special compared to some of my neighbors. Half the work is figuring out what to put where and getting the stuff to work. It seemed like every other strand of lights would not work so I had to take a break and go buy more lights. I keep sayinge every year I'm going to put icicles up on the roof, but it's just too high. Maybe next year.
Let's see your lights. It is after Thanksgiving so you should be getting busy!

T

tizzo

Very pretty.
If you drape those "mesh lights" over the front of the bushes instead of on top, more lights will show.

tangman99

Thanks sepulatian. Tizzo, if you look at the daylight picture, you will see there are what I call "pom-pom" shrubs in front of the hedges that are blocking it. I tried draping them in front of them but they looked wierd in the daylight. I may have to try it at night and see how it looks.
No snow here in a long time. I did build a snowman that was about 3 feet tall back in 1989. We have had a few flurries since then, but nothing that really stuck to the ground. It was 80 degrees here today.
So, no one else put up lights today?

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by TangMan99
So, no one else put up lights today?
I almost did! I thought about it, then thought some more... never got them oiuta the attic though, it was very cold and rainy today. Well, not rainy...sprinkly.

tangman99

Originally Posted by Tizzo
I almost did! I thought about it, then thought some more... never got them oiuta the attic though, it was very cold and rainy today. Well, not rainy...sprinkly.
Wait a minute. I thought putting up chrismas lights outside was the man's responsibility. At least everyone I have seen out in my neighborhood has been us guys. Did somebody lie to us? Did we take "Christmas Vacation" too literal?

T

tizzo

The consequences of being the tom boy I guess. I want the lights, so I hang em.
My house is as busy as the stinkin grizwolds! I love Christmas lights!!
I took pics last year, but none came out. I'll have to figure out how to adjust my aperature and shutter at the same time.

wangotango

Looks nice and thought out. There are a lot of houses around me that just throw the stuff all over their yard. Lights up the entire block, but looks tacky. We should have put ours out last weekend, cuz it's going to snow here this weekend
I for one am not going on the roof when it's icey.
-Justin

jtrzerocool

check out this guys house that is right around the corner from me...he cant do it this year because his neighbors complained about traffic congestion and threatened to sue him...pretty sad that he wont be doing this this year...the video does no justice...it is one of thoes things that you have to see in person to get the full effect...
http://www.lightupxmas.com/video.html
seriously you wont be dissapointed if you take the time to watch them...

happyvac

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
check out this guys house that is right around the corner from me...he cant do it this year because his neighbors complained about traffic congestion and threatened to sue him...pretty sad that he wont be doing this this year...the video does no justice...it is one of thoes things that you have to see in person to get the full effect...
http://www.lightupxmas.com/video.html
seriously you wont be dissapointed if you take the time to watch them...
Wow, that guy's in your neighborhood? That's cool.
His house was in a Super Bowl commercial...

michaeltx

a guy in Little Rock did the same thing EVERY year and all his neighbors complained about it. so he did a small community thing where he donated all his lights to those communities. Once Little Rock found out they wanted in on some of his decor and he told them NO
I thought it was hillarious and the smaller communities got together and start Holiday of Lights festivals and encourage people to go all out on the decorations. I will have to get some pics of the park in Searcy where alot of his lights went its an amazing display of lights.
Mike

bronco300

i've hung mine up, just no pictures....thank heavens i could get on the bumpout of my garage and get on the main roof from their with a few steps on a ladder or i would have needed an extension ladder, and i dont do those wavy things....i'll get some pictures tonight if i can remember....i wanted to do more but i was commanded to keep it simple and no more was allowed.

T

tizzo

Well, this is so far.
I still have...
the reigndeer,
the spirally tree,
good lord the icicles,
and to wrap that other tree in all white.
Oh and the mesh lighs on the bushes, I forgot about that or I woulda done it before the pic. I will take another pic tomorrow evening if I get any more done...

T

tizzo

Why does it look so tiny?? How'd you get you house to look so big TM??
I mean, my HOUSE is tiny, but that tree in front is pretty big, but in the pic it looks small.
Oh well, maybe I'll try the other camera in the house tomorrow.