Lets see those frag tanks!!! (and any livestock u have in them)

fishygurl

Hey, i love looking at the frag tanks at the LFS's and i love how they can have fish in them! is this ok? is it like a reef without live rock and sand? how do the fish hide? is there anything u need to keep fish happy in them?
If i ever eventually get a frag tank i would hope i could get things that i couldnt have in my tank, like an angler? and/or engineer gobies? ive also seen urchins
So... show pics of your frag tanks and list any of the livestock u have in them, other than corals
Thanks in advance!

nwdyr

this pic is a few weeks old so I actually have more frags now and some more LR.

and yes I have reinforced the middle of the tank since this pic!

this is a hOB wet/dry I added about 2 weeks ago, I filled it with LR rubble and it is working well so far

I kinda got carried away and have been adding allot of stuff you usually don't see in a "frag tank" but what the....

fishygurl

No the pics are great keep them coming if you want!

what all fish do you have in there? and what inverts if any

fishygurl

nice tanks!
rebel i cant see your pics... is it just me?
and i know there are a lot more frag tanks out there... everyone shy? lol maybe everyone is too busy to take a couple minutes to take a pic of there tank and reply to this

Anyways thanks for everyone who has replied so far, keep the pics coming everyone!

lmoore2150

I just set up a frag tank to grow some corals. It is a 20 gallon.
I have a 130 watt compact light, emperor 280, 400 gph koralia 1 powerhead, 100 watt heater, 30 lbs fiji fine white live sand, 15 nassarius snails, 5lbs cured LR, and 5 lbs uncured LR.
When it is done cycling I will move my some zoanthids from my 55 gallon to the 20.

Here are some pictures.

fishygurl

lmoore i cant see the last 2 pics for some reason... but are you planning on keeping any fish in your frag tank or no?

J

jrthomas40

dang cody to have just set it up today and have that many frags thats a ton!!
here is mine...still a work in progress maybe if cody will send me some frags i can be like him...lol