lets see your anemones!!!

mryoung7

Originally Posted by ShrimpDady
You don't NEED metal halides for a LTA.
Just place the anemone as close to the lighting as possible.
i agree that he doesn't NEED mh but if the fluorescents he has aren't leading to improvement with the anemone (the anemone appears to already be sitting near the top of the tank), he needs to do something and mh might be a good investment. btw, shrimpdady, you're right down the road from me

hooktonfsh, could you tell us what the anemone looked like when you bought it, how long ago that was, and any other useful info (feeding, strange behavior, etc)? you'll probably want to start a new thread.

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by Crox
My BTA

You see all those tiny white spots? Mine started having those before it started dying and started loosing its tentacles. How long have you had your anemone? Have you noticed any decline in its healthy? Let me know.

jacknjill

Originally Posted by ShrimpDady
You don't NEED metal halides for a LTA.
Just place the anemone as close to the lighting as possible.
Yes, but obviously flourescents aren't going to cut it for his anemone. The point is, he needs more lights

shrimpdady

Originally Posted by mryoung7
i agree that he doesn't NEED mh but if the fluorescents he has aren't leading to improvement with the anemone (the anemone appears to already be sitting near the top of the tank), he needs to do something and mh might be a good investment. btw, shrimpdady, you're right down the road from me

hooktonfsh, could you tell us what the anemone looked like when you bought it, how long ago that was, and any other useful info (feeding, strange behavior, etc)? you'll probably want to start a new thread.

Are there any good LFS in Waco besides North Waco Tropical Fish?

mryoung7

i was going to ask you the same question about temple. north waco is great if you know what you're doing. when i was just getting into the hobby, i had a hard time getting advice there.
i get my water from bridgeman's on valley mills. they're helpful but many times a little too helpful (pushing expensive products instead of what you need).
for the most part, i rely on this site for fish.

shrimpdady

Originally Posted by mryoung7
i was going to ask you the same question about temple. north waco is great if you know what you're doing. when i was just getting into the hobby, i had a hard time getting advice there.
i get my water from bridgeman's on valley mills. they're helpful but many times a little too helpful (pushing expensive products instead of what you need).
for the most part, i rely on this site for fish.

I've been to Bridgemans also. They didn't really have alot of equipment there though.
If you ever come to Temple, pay a visit to Fishbowl Pet Express.
Make sure and call first because once they get a shipment in it is usually gone by the following evening.
There's a guy named Brian that works there who is pretty knowledgeable and won't jerk you around and sell you stuff you don't need or have no business buying.
He has talked me out of spending several hundred dollars.
And to add a little something to the thread so as not to get totally off track, here is my BTA. This is one of the first pictures I took of him. I erased the other pics by accident. In this one he is still trying to find a spot that he likes and running away from my clown.

crox

Originally Posted by lbaskball
You see all those tiny white spots? Mine started having those before it started dying and started loosing its tentacles. How long have you had your anemone? Have you noticed any decline in its healthy? Let me know.

Actually my BTA always had those white spots/streaks. He was 3-4" when I got him and now is around 12".