Let's see your PURPLE LOBSTER!!!

kokamo

I snached this guy from the LFS about two weeks ago. Ain't he cool???
These were really hard to get cause he simply dosent ever come out from behind the rocks, but he was hungry and it was feeding time.....that made him quick to come out and back in again. LOL!

bettym

I just love these lil guy's!!!! I have one but no pic's of mine.He only comes out when we feed also.But he goes to the back.I will have to try to get a pic.TFS!!!!

kokamo

Well, as far as I can tell, he gets along with everybody in the tank. I don't have much to bother him. All I have is two false clowns, four hermits and two snails. Not much to provoke him to do anything drastic.
He is somewhat aggressive when it comes to feeding. I'll take a peice of shrimp and put it on a feeding stick for him. When he sees it, he takes off after it and rips it off and flipps his tail to get away as quick as he can and makes a hellova msandstorm.
Just so you know, this Lobster is in a 14 gallon Biocube.
Keep the pics comin' guys!!
Joe

cgj

Here's mine. If any of you know my story, he terrorized my tank for several months, and a few weeks ago, he killed a new hawkfish and that was the end. He was captured and killed by me.
I know it sounds odd, but I truly miss him alot, and it makes me really sad to see pictures of these beautiful animals...

grabbitt

Originally Posted by CGJ
Here's mine. If any of you know my story, he terrorized my tank for several months, and a few weeks ago, he killed a new hawkfish and that was the end. He was captured and killed by me.
I know it sounds odd, but I truly miss him alot, and it makes me really sad to see pictures of these beautiful animals...
I can understand that.. I had a purple lobster as well and I loved him, but he managed to cost me $170 in livestock, so he couldn't stick around

Mine survived me, though... My wrath only entailed a short drive to the LFS

fishy7

Anyone know how to get him out of the tank? Will the traditional 2 ltr bottle trap work? He has taken a liking to my hermits

grabbitt

Originally Posted by FISHY7
Anyone know how to get him out of the tank? Will the traditional 2 ltr bottle trap work? He has taken a liking to my hermits

For your sake, I hope you find a better method, but mine was to remove EVERY rock in my tank, then grab him

Good Luck.

saltn00b

ouch, another aggressive purple lobster. mine became a nightmare as well, i couldnt get him until i moved my tank.
i have a blue reef lobster, MUCH COOLER in many ways IMO.

grabbitt

Originally Posted by saltn00b
ouch, another aggressive purple lobster. mine became a nightmare as well, i couldnt get him until i moved my tank.
i have a blue reef lobster, MUCH COOLER in many ways IMO.
Ilooked into the blue spiny lobster as well, but they simply did not look cool enough to compete with a purple lobster.
...Shame on me.