LFS : California

A

arman

hello everyone, sorry for all the threads >.< well I just want to know the address and the name of the LFS that you choose to go to in California, we can sort of keep this posted and have all the stores with adresss so people can visit them, also it would help if you include a breif detail on prices and livestock and such. I want to learn some new LFS because mine doesn't have everything I need but I'll start this off and hopefully it can be a large thread that many people will use, I know I will.
Name : Strictly Fish

Address :
6903 Carson
Lakewood, CA 90713
Phone: (562)421-9106
Hours : 10-9 Everyday
Details : Large selection of fresh and saltwater fish, freshwater plants, and great African Cichlid selection. Has most of your regular supplies, not to many filters and such, lots of fish tanks. Koi pond. Great selection for food. 300g SW Reef tank on display. Not too many corals but they have most of the inverts that you need. They have great water supply and reef care items. 39 cents/gallon for RO water and 59 cents/gallon for Catalina Ocean water =D=D
Staff : a few knowledgeable employs, nice but nothing special.
Specials : Every Wednesday 25% off all livestock.
Here is a template if you want to post the same like I did :

[hr]
Start Copy

[hr]
Name:
Address:
Phone:
Hours:
Details:
Staff:
Specials:

[hr]
End Copy

[hr]
Hopefully everyone can contribute who are in California and we can have a good thread going for everyone to visit different shops.

coolguy818

Name: Exotic Life
Address: 9919 Topanga Canyon BLVD
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Phone: (818) 341-1007
Hours: 10am - 9am Everyday
Details: Large Selection of Fresh water fish, many various African Cichlids. 400g Dispaly Only Coral Reef, 2 125g Reef Tanks, Numerous species, shapes and sizes of Saltwater Fish, Inverts, and so on...... 1000g Saltwater Display tank, with a Blacktip Reef Shark swimming in it. (Gotta See) All the supplies, Lights, Salt, you need.
Staff: Rusty (Very Knowledgable) Ask for him.
Specials: Mention my name (John), say that I sent you and he always gives the hook-up.

A

arman

wow 1000g tank, I gotta visit them sometime, 1 hour away but seems way worth it! Thanks for the post =D

aquaguy24

Strictly Fish is the fish shop i always go to. great selection on fish. employees are helpful when u ask. better then average IMO. i knew nothing about sw tank and one of the employees told me how to setup a tank step by step.answered all my questions....only sold me things that i needed..

A

arman

hey, where in Lakewood are you? I am right by Lakewood Highschool, I live on Chatwin.

A

arman

nice thanks for the pics =D I have to check them out and I really want to see that shark tank =D

reefforbrains

Northern Cali?
In Yuba City theres a decent little shop called Red Sea Aquatics.
In Sac theres Capitol Aquarium or O street. O street is sister company of Red Sea. Very dingy in ther ebut they are an icon.
In San Fran gotta go to the ultimate mad house. 6th Ave on a Sunday morning. Theres a line half a black long some days to be first for thier sales. Its called 6th ave but its actually on Clement between 5th and 6th ave.
Also in Frisco is Fish, Fish and More Fish. Its a smaller place but they like what they do and have a good grasp of equip and its pretty low key. Priced a bit high, but service is good and they are good guys.
Should I go on? I am a total Coral Dork and bounce between a few dozen different shops in my travels.

aquaguy24

Originally Posted by arman
hey, where in Lakewood are you? I am right by Lakewood Highschool, I live on Chatwin.
i live next to close to lakewood mall on Lakewood blvd..i went to Millikan H.S.

A

arman

Reef, go on as much as you can. It will help other people locally to find great LFS =D
aquaguy24, I am currently going to Long Beach Poly, and my mom teaches at Milikan =D we live close =) what kind of tank you got? size etc? I am a noobie maybe you can team me some things.

codyjp

I have been going to:
ALL ABOUT FISH
2535 E Broadway
Long Beach, CA 90803
(562) 438-4148
The gents that work there are truely helpful and have been there 100% in helping me set up my 24g aquapod. They do have a huge tank on display... no idea how big but i think I could go for a swim in it :) jk.
They get new stuff in on Mondays and Wednesdays and have occasional specials.
They have an absolutly amazing freshwater collection too that makes me want a freshwater tank! Stop in and say hello to Kirt or Edward.

A

arman

Originally Posted by codyjp
I have been going to:
ALL ABOUT FISH
2535 E Broadway
Long Beach, CA 90803
(562) 438-4148
The gents that work there are truely helpful and have been there 100% in helping me set up my 24g aquapod. They do have a huge tank on display... no idea how big but i think I could go for a swim in it :) jk.
They get new stuff in on Mondays and Wednesdays and have occasional specials.
They have an absolutly amazing freshwater collection too that makes me want a freshwater tank! Stop in and say hello to Kirt or Edward.

nice! Sounds like I will have a visit =D

leftyblite

I usually go to Global Aquatics. Its on the corner of Mission and San Carlos in
Ontario between the 60 Fwy and the 10 Fwy. Sorry I can't find the address or phone # on their card right now. I try and find it and post it later.

aquaguy24

Originally Posted by arman
Reef, go on as much as you can. It will help other people locally to find great LFS =D
aquaguy24, I am currently going to Long Beach Poly, and my mom teaches at Milikan =D we live close =) what kind of tank you got? size etc? I am a noobie maybe you can team me some things.
i have a 24g aquapod running for three months. got a couple of fish in there with some corals ..im a newbie too..i also just bought a 90g tank. still in the process of getting it set up..

A

arman

haha cool =D I got a 90g for free, my first tank =D looking good now, maybe I can see ur tank and learn from u cus I am total noob =/ but haven't lost a SW fish yet

A

arman

Originally Posted by leftyblite
I usually go to Global Aquatics. Its on the corner of Mission and San Carlos in
Ontario between the 60 Fwy and the 10 Fwy. Sorry I can't find the address or phone # on their card right now. I try and find it and post it later.

sounds good, thanks for the contribution! lets keep it going!

coolguy818

Here's A LFS NOT to go to:
FUMI Tropical Fish in Chatsworth. All the tanks are disgusting. The corals are horribly, taken care of........ Maxima Clams under PC's.
DO NOT GO THERE.
You will regret it.

autofreak44

i have a few
Name: New wave tropical fish
Address: 1960 N Tustin St
Orange CA 92865-3950
Phone: 714-998-8209
Hours: close around 5 pm not open on sunday
Details: little store in a strip mall with maticulously cared for fish. couldnt find a single thing wrong with the place except for price, but i would rather have an expensive fish than a sick fish. i love this place!
Staff: little japanese couple who know how to do it right!
Specials:

[hr]
Name: Jeffs exotic fish
Address:804 N Tustin St
Orange CA 92867-7131
Phone:714-771-2073
Hours:...???
Details: this place is crammed full of corals, they have probably 3000 gallons of frags and another 1500 worth of reefs in their store. personaly this store is only good for coral fraggs, all fish are obviously diseased and they have hardly any hardwear... again, great frags though
Staff: knowledgeable but then again they do try to sell you stuff that isnt compatable
Specials:

[hr]
Name: Ocean blue tropical fish
Address: 622 E Katella Ave
Orange CA 92867
Phone:714-532-4528
Hours: around 7 on the week days
Details: lots of equiptment and lots of tanks for sale but i think all their livestock is crap, the tanks are clearly medicated and he only has 2 reef tanks, both of which arent very noteworthy..
Staff: not so knowledgable, the owner is out to sell you stuff and the employee is nice but doesnt know crap about crap
Specials:

[hr]
alright thats all i got