LFS has ich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxianxx

it sucks cause my LFS has ich u can clearly see the white salt like grains on the fish and the fish r misreable. and also i like to get fist and from there but i cant now. and they dont care about the fish cause they just wana sell them. and they wont treat them and use hypo cause that takes weeks and it would be bad for bidness. wat r they gona say to ppl sorry u cant buy this fish they have ich we have to cure them no they r gona say sure. ur total is $34.
so will i be able to get inverts from my LFS since ich does not effect inverts??? or is that a bad idea? and anybody have any sugestions on wat i could do cause i kinda like that store but no ich. ha

I am sorry to hear about your LFS.
About the inverts, I would certainly not buy one. Although inverts cannot get ich they can certainly transfer it. Anything that is "wet" can transfer ich.

xxianxx

thats wat i was wondering. im bout to by a fish tank and give it to my LFS for my use only and if i want a fish ill have them order it and put in my tank
then pick it up. But thats not gona happin i dout they will allow that. But mabey if i give them a benjaman once or twice a week they might concider it

sepulatian

Ich at an LFS is not uncommon at all. Very few stores have the means to quarantine all new livestock. Most of the fish are wild caught. This is why you quarantine your own fish.

xxianxx

yea true but my Qt is not up and running. so im stuck
. so im gona have to order offf saltwaterfish.com for now. u think i should tell the ppl at my LFS that the tanks r infested with ich.

If they are actually a SWF store and not a megamix of all animals galore, they will know they have ich.
:edit:
Do you mean the customers or the associates?

silverdak

I am happy with my LFS they seem to have more QT tanks then they do DT. and big big QT's as well... I get to see the inner workings, percks of having a buddy who in a few weeks might be co-manager :D

xxianxx

well idk if uv noticed but most ppl at pet stores, fish stores, ect. are right out of high school with very little experince on fish and really dont care if the fish die there still gettin there $6. 50 a hour. In not being negitive and not all of ppl at LFS are nut brains but most r and know very little. im 14 and could easly kno more about SWF then all the PPl at MY LFS(pet. co) and i dont think the kno there tanks have it that.

xxianxx

yea the Egregious it is a megamix so the ppl kno very lil about the fish. and my LFS is 20 min away the next closest fish store is 45 mi away kinda sucks

sepulatian

***** is one of the places that is best to stay away from for fish. I agree that the staff at many of them are not knowledgeable. You can tell them, but there probably won't be much that they can or will do about it. The fish from this site are highly recommended. You should still quarantine them yourself though. I know that you said that your QT is not up and running yet. You really have to plan ahead though.

xxianxx

yea
there clueless a guy told my mom that a blue hippo tang would be fine for a 20 g tank.
and i hav a 55g tank now and for my birthday my mom got me a yellow tang cause the guy told her it would stay the same size all its life and the tang was 2.5 in but i still have him in my 55 and is doing well and eats everything

xxianxx

yea i kno ill get it up and running soon its a 25 gal. QT how long do u keep them in ur Qt i usely do two weeks.

Well, if you see signs of ick, you start the treatment, and then can take the fish out two weeks AFTER no signs of ick. If you see signs of ich again during the treatment, you have to start the 2 weeks again.