LFS Outdoor Saltwater Pond Pics

jrandolph1

I guess not. I have often wondered if you could make a saltwater reef swimming pool (my fantasy house will have one! LOL) now, I am feeling hopeful.

triga22

I know(not in person) people in flordia with this. They have a glass/house type thing in there backyard. It has a pool saltwater with fish corals and everythign and they swim with them. Not joking

rbrockm1

thats really cool. I want a huge tank one day. isn't that all of our dreams. i would love to swim in my fish tnak.

jrandolph1

YES!!! My dream...to swim with the fishes in my own back yard!!! Sweeeeet: ) But, with an underground pool with windows where my basement bedroom will be on the other side and the window will go from the cieling to the floor and....
Oh don't get me started : )

jrandolph1

They told us that the rain water is actually good because it replenishes the evaporation. They just check the salt levels every other day. They let it kind of go during the winter, and they said that they are starting to get it back into shape now that the cold snaps are over. I can't wait to see it like in June or so. I will be up there often (as usual) and will keep the pics comming.

jrandolph1

Man I thought this might get some really good discussion. Guess I will bump it and see if anyone else has seen anything like this. I am seriously thinking in investing in something like this for my yard. Would be a great place to cure live rock at the least.

maxalmon

I think the reason the thread has gotten very little attention is that the pond kinda looks flea-marketish, the only signs of actual life is the urchin.
I'm working on a design for an ourdoor greenhouse with a 1000g lagoon, it's actually going to be 2 lagoons, one will be sunk into the ground and the other elevated, the sunken lagoon will be to cool the top tank, much like a heat exchanger. If you search -- you will find several members who have such a setup with great results.