LFS stock in trouble

tennisace

I don't know about u guys, but i think the prices at my fish store have gone up, and yestarday i found out y. I overheard the guy saying that they just got their first shipment since the tsunami yestarday. Thats a really long time!

elvictre

HMMM do tank bred fish come from some mad scientist or were there ancestors originally snagged from the ocean.:confused:
Vic

ross

Originally posted by GreatfullReefer
correct

So then i guess you dont buy fish at any lfs? Order straight from ORA or what? Do you own any of the fish i just listed or any fish from the ocean.

swnewb

My LFS has a bunch of Fire Angels for $50 a piece. I over heard a guy ask if they were tank breed and the store worker said "No, a tank breed fire angel would cost like $900.":eek:
I personally would choose a tank breed fish over the same that was wild caught, but if no other option is available, then I am going with what is there.

lion_crazz

Well, a tank bred flame/fire would not cost that much, but I think he was just trying to emphasize that it would be more expensive because it is harder to breed in captivity. $50 is not expensive for flame angels anyway. That is around the normal price that I see them at.

howardcu

I think I have seen tank bred flames for $100, when the wild ones are $30 to $40 online and $50 or so in an LFS. I choose aquacultured whenever I can, but for some things it just isn't possible or in the case of the flame angel very cost effective. I am trying to raise pseudochromis flavivertex and fridmani that I have spawning pairs of. The parents were also tank bred from ORA. I don't think I will make any money and will lucky if I break even, but if more hobbyist raise fish then there will be less stress on the oceans. Every little bit helps I guess.