LFS Weird disease

kainrahl

I recently started working at the LFS a part time once in a while thing. A lot of the fish are coming down with a disease that I am not sure what it is. We tested the water today in all the tanks and they are all within norm ranges. The fish are all faded with this weird spots on them (not ich) they look like faded spots. I will try to get a picture tomorrow. Other then this weird color change they are all eating and seem fine. So far all the tangs have it and a clown trigger. These fish are not and have never been in the same tank. It is in 3 different tanks. This has all happened over the past week.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It may be stress. See if you can post up some pics. And what is the pH in those tanks? What is the water source?

kainrahl

I haven't had a chance to get pictures yet but the PH was at 8.2. All the tangs are ok now but the clown trigger is getting worse. He most def. has ich. But he also has these large white spots on his fins head and back. His color fades in an out from normal to light. He has a healthy appitite. He is having no problems swimming although this am when I turned the lights on he was sitting on the bottom. It also looks like his skin is starting to peel off by his mouth. I will try to get my camera working ASAP. All the pictures I have seen online he looks nothing like. Any ideas Beth??
Oh ya water source is excuse my ignorance but its this huge white RODI system. The water in there tested fine as well.

kainrahl

Actually its not being address the person in charge of treating the sick fish here refuses to put him in the quarantine tank and refuses to treat the whole tank. Its a 95 gallon with with a blue throat trigger, harlequin tusk, porcupine puffer, v. lion, and a jewled eel. The lion and puffer do not have ich but the others do. There is one live rock in there. Any ideas on how to treat this whole tank without dumping a bunch of copper in there. Also how hard would it be for me to set up a quarantine tank at home? I have an empty 29 and 33 at home.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Hyposalinity. The procedure is in the FAQ Thread at the top of this forum.