light and flow

forsfed50

I have a crocea clam. If it has moved into a 45% angle is this because
he fell over or did he position himself for light and flow? Started in an upright
position. He is on the sand substrate. Water parameter's are good. Lighting
is 432 watt t-5's.

nycbob

how far away is it from the light? crocea clams need lots of light. with t5, leaving it on the sand could be too far away. also, what kind of t5 fixture is it?

ci11337

They can survive under T5's. A local reefer i know did a test comparing MH's to a tek light and found the PAR to be very similar. My LFS has kept one in a DT under a tek light ever since tek lights became available. Put the clam higher up on a rock so that the gap next to the hinge is flat(ish) on the rock (it will be tilted but that's how it attaches) make sure it isn't shaded, Keep your params up to SPS reef standards, and adding some DT's every once in a while will help, especially if the clam is small.

nycbob

does the t5 hv individual reflectors? if yes, 19-20 inches r ok, but still far imo. crocea will do better if u gv it more lights.

forsfed50

parabolic reflector 4 54 watt 10000k 4 460nm and lunar lights ,
nova extreme t-5. What about the 45 % angle should I upright him again?

nycbob

i would wait and see if the clam can upright itself. if not, move it up to the rockwork. ur light isnt really that strong to reach the bottom.