light recommendation

Hello. So I have a 60g reef tank in progress. I'm looking into getting a light fixture so I can take my tank to the next step and keep photosynthetic corals. In my research I have come across a lot of fixtures. So I ask you all: What are your recommendations for fixtures ( brand and model) I want to keep sps and lps corals. Thank you

rykna

I asked the same question you did 7 years ago. People told me if you want to make sure you're covering all bases, especially for reef tanks, buy the best. So I looked for the unit with the most lighting options. I purchased the Outer Orbit:

Wonderful light fixture! The only hard part is hanging the unit from the ceiling. Getting the right height is kind of tricky, but well worth the fussing.
~Rykna

yeah that is the one i was looking at getting. the 48 is 696 watts and looks like it will get a lot of coverage, but i just thought i would ask the people who have successful corals. Do you have pics of your tank just so i can see what they looks like?

rykna

Originally Posted by HollywoodDiver
http:///forum/post/3072397
yeah that is the one i was looking at getting. the 48 is 696 watts and looks like it will get a lot of coverage, but i just thought i would ask the people who have successful corals. Do you have pics of your tank just so i can see what they looks like?
Unfortunately, no
My laptop with all my reef tank pics died, I am still trying to figure out a way to retrieve the pics. I can post some pics for you when I get home after the 4th of my current 90g, but only the MH on mine are working, I need to replace the actinic bulbs. I have a T-5 light w/actinic sitting right behind the Orbit for now. But the way the Orbit light ups your tank it looks just like your out scuba diving in the ocean. You get that beautiful water motion, light filter effect.
~Rykna

aquaguy24

i have the outer orbit hiq/t5..48"..2x250w mh and 4x54w t5 actinics..im running that on my 90g...i using pheonix 14k bulbs..heres the pic..its a little bluer then the pic shows..