Lighting & Filtration for 10 gal?

redsnapper

I am in the process of switching my 10gal fw into a nano tank. Can someone tell me the type of lighting (specifically, because I need to order it online) and filtration I need?
Thanks

diddley

power compact lighting will be fine. coralife makes nice fixtures, imo. filtration will be live rock and sand. also, a hang on the back filter for flow and carbon. a powerhead of two for additional flow, and of course, a heater and you're set.

blackhavoc

Many places. I would to with the 1X96 watt 50/50 PC hood. Its fantastic, I almost got it, but came across a good deal on a 1X55, and I already had two 10 watters, so I'm at 75, and is plenty for what I'm doing. Here's a link, http://marineandreef.com/shoppro/power_aqualight.html its the 20" 1x96 hood there. as for filter, I have a whisper 30, and power heads reptile waterfall pumps set to max, one in the left front flowing to the right, and one on the right rear flowing to the left, makes a little vortex. The whisper 30 works great, but I would rather have a penguin 170 or higher. Gotta love the bio wheels.

R

redhot13

Hey Redsnapper,
I have the coralife power compact 96 watts for sale if you are interested. Its one month old and I will sell it at a major discount if you would like. PM me if interested!

R

redhot13

I will ship anywhere... Price with shipping $80. Let me know what you think