lighting for my 75 gallon reef tank

grently348

i am currently upgrading my lighting for my 75 that was a fo, but now it will be a reef tank. please send your ideas on good lighting for some soft corals, polyps etc... no clams

skirrby

well if you can afford it id go with halide. but if your like me and cant really afford halide then i would go with a nice vho setup or a nice power compact setup.. i just got the coralife aqualight 4-65watt power compact setup for my tank(the rents wont let me have it till xmas though :nope: ) its got 2 7100k ble antics and 2 10,000k white bulbs, 260 watts total.. i dont know how well it would over a 75, but from what i hear you can keep alot of the easier coft corals under it.. hth

grently348

what do you think of a 400 watt pfo,hqi ballast with a pfo pendant with 2 p/c atinic bulbs. what ever all that means

saltydog

I have Icecap VHO on my 75 Gal. 440 watts and everything grows well. In addition to the numerous hard and soft corals (I sell cuttings of my leathers to the LFS all the time) I've got a long tenacle anemone that has been in my tank for over 3 years. I've been very happy with the VHO lighting.
-Salty