Lighting ? & Glass cleaner?

lubeck

do blue acntics count for tru lighting? meaning do only the "white lights count. also what is the proper way to clean the outside of the glass.

zman1

Yes, they count. All light's count...... Clean the glass, I am sure there are a bunch of ways. However, I clean the outside the same way I clean my TV screen. I use Windex, spray it on a rag/paper towel and wipe the outside down and the follow with a dry rag/paper towel. I don't spray either directly from the Windex bottle for different reasons.
Don't want the fluids to run down the front of the tube and get in or on any electronics and don't want the peripheral mist of the Windex getting in the tank water

rev

I don't know who posted it.But ...are you ready for this....I now use...........SPIT!
Just like a diver spits in his mask.I works very good.Just makes sure the lil kids don't see you do it,or they will think it's ok to spit on the tank.

oceanists

I use spit for a couple of things
as for the windex thing , make sure that you spray it on the paper towel in a different room if you do it that way . . . . . . . . . . they also make glass tank cleaner that is safe , or you can use vinegar and water ............ or this way works the best ............ a damp newspaper

salsells

I find to clean outside of tank just a little warm soapy water, such as dove, in a bowl and then dry good with a towel, does better then anything. This is the same way to prof. window cleaners do my house windows and they sparkle. :joy: