lighting imbalance

julius

would a 130watt PC,65wattPC and a 40watt NO bulb cause a tank to grow red slime algae since its not one whole unit the 2 PC's are in the back of the tank side by side and the 40watt NO is in the front,I havent had the $$$$ to go get new lights yet. Its just a FOWLR but I just need to know,

ty_05_f

It doesn't matter if its one whole unit or not. The lights shouldn't cause the algae to grow unless the bulbs are old. Try increasing water flow to that area and don't overfeed your fish.

julius

I only have 1 fish a domino damsel, I dont overfeed I feed him every so often he feeds off the LR in the tank. I think my single 65watt PC needs changing I think it been over a yr since its been changed.

julius

naw not at this moment I switch up I use tap mostly or I use bottle water when I top off the refugium. That's the only time I use water. I go get pre mixed saltwater from the LFS when I do a water change

julius

Yes I know,I usually go get about 20 cases of bottle water from walmart for water changes and top offs. I will do this coming friday

ty_05_f

Yeah I buy both premixed saltwater and top off di water from my lfs because its a lot easier than making it yourself.