lighting question (halide)

marcs4020

I currently have the double delux pc fixture which houses 2 x 65 watt atinics,2 x 65 watt 10k, and 4 lunars and i got the itch to get halides. i came across a 250 watt pendant and ballast combo that i was thinking of adding to my current setup. The way that i have it set up is with the tank being covered with two glass canopies that I can;t remove b/c they need to be under the pc's. The question that i have is can i use the halide pendant if it isn;t over uncovered water. What effect will the glass canopies have and is it worth it to get the halide.
thanks a lot,
Marcus

annanymous

u might face major overheating issues if ur trank is covered. besides what size tank u have. make sure u're not putting out too much light or might overkill e/thing in the tank. also the halide will have to placed in the center of the tank if u get a pendant, so make sure ur PC can be moved around to make enough space for the halide.
good luck

marcs4020

The pendant will be going over my 55gal. The issue with being in the middle isn't a problem either I can slide the fixture foward. The major thing that i am worried about is the heating issue. I will have a big house fan blowing from the side and the room is airconditioned, will that help enough?

reefnut

Why are you unable to uncover the tank?? That would make all the difference!! What size sump and/or refug do you have??