Lighting question, will upgrading do much here?

lecithin

I guess this is actually a few questions but the heart of the concern is what I should do to upgrade my lighting. I have a few options (at least I think I do).
I have a 50g tank (36x19x19)
I want to have a BTA and probably some medium light corals down the road. Mostly hardy species that aren't overly needy.
I currently have a Nova Extreme 36" with
a 39 Watt 460nm Actinic T5HO lamp
and a
39 Watt 10k T5HO lamp.
So 78 watts, two bulbs.
I figure here are my options, please tell me what you think....
1) get another of the same fixture and run them both so I then have (2x) 39 W 460nm Actinic T5HO and (2x) 39 W 10k T5Ho which is 156w (I know you can add but I wanted to as well lol)
2) buy a completely new fixture and run it on its own
3) but a new fixture and run the old and the new together.
I really would like to keep the fixture I have. Its brand new and makes the tank look beautiful (though I'm sure they all do) I just don't see the sense and having it sit and collect dust and I never do well selling things.

teen

add a 250w hqi halide along with the t-5 fixture. it will easily spread across 36" (if you have a center brace, you may have a shadow cast down your tank). or possibly 2x 175w halides if you have a center brace. idk if theres room over your tank for the halides and the t-5 fixture though.

isistius

the bta will require much more light. either get rid of the anemone, or get yourself a much better fixture. especially one with individual reflectors. the cheapest would be the nova extreme pro, but if you have the $ get yourself an aquactinics, tek or ati fixture. you and your corals will be much happier