Lighting Question

tankfinder

I Just got a used 90 gal hex. Quite the fixer up but now it looks to be soon well worth it. The question I had with the deminisions 5ft long 14" deep and 2ft high what will be the best or sufficient lighting. I do not want to be limited to what I can put in my tank due to poor lighting so and help or suggestions would be apperiated. If any one is selling a good lighting system let me know. thanks. cole
:notsure: :notsure:

dexter

what are you planning on keeping in the hex? Fish only, Fish/LR, corals,?
If you go with a non-coral tank, you can do fine with standard lighting, VHOs, etc. ( pretty new with the lighting also, but hopefully I am helping)
If you aspire to corals, you may as well invest in the Metal Halide lighting.
The best advise I can give is do some searches within this site and read the posts. The DIY section was extremely helpful for me.
You've made the fisrt step, and that is to get here and ask questions. the next is to read up, have patience, and read some more. :joy:
good luck!
Dxtr - :happyfish

tankfinder

thanks dex. this is going to be my third tank but it will be coral. I know I should get the mh. money is an issue but just was seeing what other suggestions are out there. I'll probably just bite the bullet and spend hopefully no more than 500$ but the price at my lf's are out of control...

dexter

good luck! I steering clear of corals till my 100 gallon is up and running for a good 6-9 months.

ya might want to post in the Reef tank section as more "coral keepers" I assume are on that board.
Dxtr