lighting question

lecithin

I am currently looking to add another lighting fixture to my 50g tank. I have a Nova Extreme w/2 bulbs. 1 39w 10k T5HO and 1 39w actinic T5HO.
I have an offer from someone for a Coralife Aqualight 36" - 2 x 96 Watt Power Compact. It has 1 10k bulb and 1 actinic.
The question is how much of an upgrade is it for me to run my current Nova AND the Coralife Aqualight? I was thinking of either doing this or doubling my current fixture. So the real question is, would 2x my Nova fixture be better or just the single nova and the Coralife Aqualight Dlx- 36" - 2 x 96 Watt Power Compact .
I hope that makes sense... I know it does to me but it might not to someone not in my head :) I am going to run two fixtures, which combo works best?
I think (and I don't know all that much) that running a combo of the two above would work. I've been told people have had success with the 4 bulb Nova model so double the nova would work but does does the Coralife work better then the nova?
I can get the Coralife at the same price as the Nova and the Coralife is normally 2x more. So is it that much better?

perfectdark

Just MO Coralife lights are garbage.. dont get them... And, PC Lighting is no where near the intensity if T5HO and wont benifit your system all that much. Get 2 more nova extremes at the very least. If you can swing it get get tek or aquatinics HO t5 2 lamp fixtures with individual reflectors to accompany your nova's.

harris28

Sell your nova and get a 5 or 6 bulb set up and you can keep anything. The Aquactinics Tx5 is really nice with 5 bulbs and individual reflectors.