lighting questions

If you had a choice to replace your current lighting would you goto MH VHO combo and what type bulbs IE 10K 15K 20K? Be specific The tank that it will be going on is a 120 gallon reef system currently softies only but want to keep sps and lps corals.

make sure the lighs are able to take all types of coral if u can find a way to pay for it do it ull enjoy the growth of all the coral

mr_x

what wattage halides are we talking about over a 120? if they are 150's, i'd go with a high PAR 10k with the vho actinic supplement. if they are 250's, i'd go with 14-20k depending on what brand bulb and PAR output.

My plans are to get two 250 wt just not sure what kelvin rating to get they come with 15K some german name but the company is willing to ship with any bulb I want. Looking for guidance hear. I have the VHO to be actinic lighting so that is fine what else should I do?

Originally Posted by Mr_X
http:///forum/post/2785471
what wattage halides are we talking about over a 120? if they are 150's, i'd go with a high PAR 10k with the vho actinic supplement. if they are 250's, i'd go with 14-20k depending on what brand bulb and PAR output.

rotarymagic

I'd buy my light personally.
48inch coralife 2x250w MH, 2x96w PC ACT, 3x1w LED lunar lights, 3 fans, 2 ballasts, 6months old. $550+shipping, $1100 when new. You can grow anything in there with my light.

I would do that but when I can spend only 279 with free shipping and all I need is the Metal Halides because the rest of what you have is not needed. I have already two VHO 5' fixtures and 1 4' 4x65wt fixture and the tank is 5' long. I just need to add what I need not buy what I have plus what I need. I do appreciate the offer and admire your enthusiasm. I would tell you to try listing it on craigslist in your local area you may have luck that way.

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2785486
I'd buy my light personally.
48inch coralife 2x250w MH, 2x96w PC ACT, 3x1w LED lunar lights, 3 fans, 2 ballasts, 6months old. $550+shipping, $1100 when new. You can grow anything in there with my light.