lighting what r they for

chris flaherty

i have a 29 gal like a few people my question is on the lights. i have the actinic/// 10,000 k florescent, and 3 led.so i think you need the 2 not the led to grow coral is that correct????. witch one is the important one. witch one is the one for best coral growth. and does the led do anything for growth.or just show. one more how do you know when it is time to replace the bulbs. thank you chris

bang guy

Yes, the two larger bulbs supply the lighting for corals. Both bulbs will supply usable light for coral growth. They may or may not provide adequate lighting for all types of coral so we'll need to know specifics before advising on what types can be kept.

Correct, the 3 LEDs are for "moon lighting".

I use a LUX meter to determine when to change bulbs. When the bulb output decreases 20% I replace it. Otherwise you probably want to change the daylight once a year and the actinic twice a year.

bang guy

I cannot determine if your lighting is appropriate without knowing more about those bulbs.

I don't know what fogs are though so someone else will need to comment on those.