lighting

serg11

I've had my FOWLR for about 7 months. I want to get some corals (softies and LPS). I got a 29 gal 24x16x12deep tank. at the moment I got a PC 2x55 20" long. I'm looking into the nova extreme T-5 4X39 36" long or 4X24 24" long. The 24" long will not span my whole tank, will that effect coral growth or if I go with the 36" long will it be to bright? My canopy is about 36 1/4 long X 8" tall, will this effect the fan or switches on the side if I go with the 36" long? any advice please. The fixture comes with slimpaq bulbs, are these good tubes or should I by different manufacture tubes and how long till they need to be changed out? Lot's of ? new to this be very EXCITED. Thanks. If any one gots pict of your tank with the nova extreme on, please send. so I could get a visual of light effect between 24" and 36" long. thanks again.

nycbob

i hv the nova extreme t5 48-inch light 4x54w. the t5 is so much better compared to what i had before, which was pc. i'd go for the 36 inch if it covers the whole tank. unless u dont plan to pur any corals on the side of ur tank.