lighting

serg11

I've had my FOWLR for about 7 months. I want to get some corals (softies and LPS). I got a 29 gal 24x16x12deep tank. at the moment I got a PC 2x55 20" long. I'm looking into the nova extreme T-5 4X39 36" long or 4X24 24" long. The 24" long will not span my whole tank, will that effect coral growth or if I go with the 36" long will it be to bright? My canopy is about 36 1/4 long X 8" tall, will this effect the fan or switches on the side if I go with the 36" long? any advice please. The fixture comes with slimpaq bulbs, are these good tubes or should I by different manufacture tubes and how long till they need to be changed out? Lot's of ? new to this be very EXCITED. Thanks. If any one gots pict of your tank with the nova extreme on, please send. so I could get a visual of light effect between 24" and 36" long. thanks again.

reefraff

If you are using the lights in a canopy you are MUCh better off using retrofit kits. 2 of the Tek readyfit retros would be good. that would give you 4 lamps. Use the 36" lamps. Get a couple of small fans and mount them so each blows in the canopy across the endcaps on each side and you will have no issues with heat or lamp life.