Lighting?????????????????

logan15

I wanted to know if i could have either a pink brain or a candy coral under my 110 watt PC's plus 2 40watt No actinic 03's so that would be about 190 watts or almost 5 watts per gallon.I like the LPS and wanted to know if that combination would be good for any of the LPS's?
Please Help,
Logan

nm reef

I would say its possible to keep either but I'm not sure they'd do well. Sure you could keep them...same as you could live in a closet. Both of the corals you are interested in will need a stable and mature system that provides moderate to high levels of lighting & moderate current... combined with stable water levels(especially calcium & alkalinity).
I'd urge you to develope corals that are less demanding until your system is developed futher. Patience is vital in this hobby...and it pays to understand what we "want" as reefkeepers needs to be balanced with what corals "need" as life forms!
Sorry to burst your "I wanna keep these" bubble...but you asked...and thats my opinion!

logan15

yes i diffently are going to research them and let my tank age and mature i dont have the budget at 15 to take chances on expensive fish and or corals yet Im probaly going to get a workhorse 5 or 7 and on the 5 I could run 1 110 watt VHO bulb and on the workhorse 7 i could run 2 110 Watt VHO bulbs if i went with the one 110 watt bulb what type of bulb would you get a actinic 03,10,000K daylight bulb or a 50/50 VHO bulb?If i did add the 110 watt VHO that would put me at 220 watts and that 5.5 watts per gallon.Would that be better for the pink brain and candy cane?all of the lighting might be in a month or maybe longer my budget will decide i won't get any LPS yet such as the brain and candy cane till i research them and know as much about them as I can I don't want to kill a good coral
Well Please Help Me With My Lighting Question,
Logan