lightining

jeremy

I need some info on lighting.I have a 55 gallon tank, with 2 48" flouresecent lights. One is a full spectrum aquarium light and the other actinic blue light. Is this good enough for coral growth and inverts.I have 3 anenomes, feather dusters and some other stuff. The fish i have are 2 yellow tangs,3 black and white striped damsels,2 blue damsels,2 yellow tail damsels and a domino damsel. Is this lightining good enough or do i need a stonger high output balaced for the lights. Thanks jeremy

jeremy

What do you mean when you say upgrade my lightining. Pc's ,mh or vho.And are any of these avaiable in 48" bulbs. explain please jer thanks

dave

mh is metal halide, vho are very high output mega watts!! the closer to the sunlight strenght the lights are, the better then better the corals will grow! the quality lighting systems are much more expensive tha n the cheap flourecent lights. Are you going to keep your damsels in the tank permenently? they are highly territorial when the have established their homes, and hard to get out later if you don't want them!

krazzydart

you should be O.K. if you are not getting into all the special stuff and if you do try placeing it near the top so it gets enough light....