Lights????

topher

OK so i took some advice and orderd the 20" SunPod
Tank Mount, Canopy Mount, or Pendant
14000K HQI & Lunar Lights for my nano-cube 12 gl i think something is wrong this thing is huge how is this gonna fit on my tank???? plz help

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Topher
OK so i took some advice and orderd the 20" SunPod
Tank Mount, Canopy Mount, or Pendant
14000K HQI & Lunar Lights for my nano-cube 12 gl i think something is wrong this thing is huge how is this gonna fit on my tank???? plz help
Isnt that one too big for the 12 gal? I thought the Sunpod HQI light set up for the 8 12 and 14 was the 16" 70W HQI model #1058. Not sure though, but the one I am considering is the 20" 150W Sunpod I think its model #1060.

clay12340

The legs of the fixture will fit any sized tank up to like 24" and the actual halide light is only about 6" of the fixture. Some of your moonlights might shine outside the tank and the fixture might overhang a bit(which will look odd), but it shouldn't cause any problems with the operation of the light.
You might want to hang it pendant style for now and raise it significantly higher than your other lights, then slowly lower it over time. If you switch from your PC to 150W halide right on the tank all at once your going to burn/bleach/possibly kill your corals and potentially stress your fish.