lion fish

greggy

hey i was thinking what u think about puting a fu man chu lion fish in a 36 gal. reef. if u have any comments or have experience please write back.
Thanx
Greggy

fallen04

young lions are great fish to have in any tank. they are on of the most beautiful fish around imo. go for it!!!!!!!!!! :D

wolffam

Lionfish will try to eat anything that is smaller than them. So beware if you have anything that it can get into it's mouth. Check in the agressive section for more information on this subject. HTH

von_rahvin

anything it can fit into it's mouth will become dinner, as long as you are willing to lose all you shrimps and all of the small fishies . . . .
I personally would not put a lion in to a reef tank.

dragonuwrasse

Lionfish are a great fish to own. The only downfall is that they can be very difficult to ween off of live food. If possible have you lfs person feed the lionfish frozen food before you buy it. I have had a red volitan for about two weeks now but I cannot get him to eat silversides, sand eels or any other typw of frozen food. All he will eat is rosys! Live fish is not good for their liver, it builds fatty lipids and can cause premature death. Good luck!

y2says

It'll take longer than two weeks for you to ween it towards other foods. Mine took about over a month, now I don't even feed it live foods anymore. Just be patient with it.