lion_crazz

brendac

I have got 3 1200 each maxi jet powerheads in there and a coralife protein skimmer... Is this enough for oxygen? I have my powerheads running so that I have alot of bubbles through the aquarium... My aquarium is 125g. Tomorrow my golden yellow maroon will be here and I just want everything to go right. Thanks you are so much help.

my way

I don't know the conversation you had with Lion, but a tank full of bubbles is going to create problems for you. They will stick to everything and when they burst they will create salt creep up all over the place. I think you would be better of creating turbulance of the surface water for oxygen exchange.

lion_crazz

I agree with MyWay here. Take out the bubbles, and just have them move water. This will do a whole lot more good than the bubbles. That, however, should be enough powerheads for your aquarium as long as you have a decent return pump.

teresaq

did you attach the air hose-tubing they put in the box-if so, take them off. power head should be completly under the water with no hose.

hatessushi

The only time you would need to use that air hose is if you were using the pump on a protien skimmer, i f I am correct.