lionfish and trigger

fsu230263

Is it possible for a 2 Volitan Lionfish , 1 blue hippo tang and a 2 Niger Trigger be put together in a 125 ga. at a small size . The hippo i have had for 3 yrs now ? live sand and live rocks with a 30 ga. sump is all i have and i know i will have too upgrade to a bigger tank one day .

crimzy

Originally Posted by fsu230263
Is it possible for a 2 Volitan Lionfish , 1 blue hippo tang and a 2 Niger Trigger be put together in a 125 ga. at a small size . The hippo i have had for 3 yrs now ? live sand and live rocks is all i have and i know i will have too upgrade to a bigger tank one day .
The triggers should be ok with the lions. I say this with caution because nigers are among the least aggressive of the triggers and most people will be fine with this combination. But I can also tell you that I've seen VERY aggressive nigers. I have seen nigers kill lions but this is generally the exception rather than the norm. It's a gamble. Personally I think blue throat triggers are more docile than nigers. I've never seen a very aggressive blue throat.