Lionfish or anyone else!!

C

cruises8

I'm upgrading to a 75 gl next week. It will be a FOWLR and LS. I am planning on having my snowflake eel and 3 or 4 fish. A lionfish for sure, marine betta, maybe a trigger???, maybe something else. For this tank with an eel and 3 or 4 fish, should I stay with a dwarf lion or could I get a volitan? The fish won't go in for some time but I like to stay ahead of the game! Thanks!
cruises8

C

cruises8

I guess I should have read more posts first. I just read another post of someone with a similar situation. Sounds like any lion is a go? I've seen pictures of the antennata and it looks awesome. The only trouble is that the only ones I see at the lfs around here are dwarfs and volitans. How bid do the antennata ans radiata get? Don't those two look similar?
cruises8

lionfish

LionFish says......
Nah, not all lions would be alright in a 75 gallon. A Volitans would be too big for a tank of 75 gallons. I have one in my 125 gallon with an Antennata and they get along alright. I would stick with the Dwarf but you could probably get a Radiata or an Antennata. The Radiata are very simialr as they both come from the Red Sea and stay the same size. Neither of them usually exceed 7 or 8 inches. The major difference is that the Radiata is a bit more darker than the Antennata. I would recommend the Antennata or Dwarf as they stay the smallest and they are just as cool as the Volitans. Sounds like ya may be adding too much fish in that 75 gallon. I would say 1 Lion, 1 Snowflake Eel, 1 Marine Betta, and a Trigger. What other fish did you have in mind? If they are large you will probably have to drop a couple of them.

C

cruises8

Thanks, the fish you said are the ones are pretty much the fish I was thinking. Dwarf lion, snowflake, marine betta, and ??? Not sure about the trigger. Don't know if I want one of those. Any suggestions on another fish that would go?

heithingi

Cruises8,
Wrasses are definitely very cool fish. The Harlequin Tusk Lionfish talks about is a wrasse. We have a checkerboard that is a really neat fish, and are going to add another wrasse, just totally stuck between a Lunare, Sunset, and now a "Sunrise". Seriously, they are really neat fish, and should go really well with your setup. Or maybe a puffer....?
Lynda