Lionfish Question

Hello
My 2'' dwarf zebra lionfish isn't looking so hot as of late. Ive had him for about a month and since then he seems to be looking weird. First he had some blotchy fading parts on his body, just looked like a patch of skin turning a little white. It seemed to clear up after a while but it came back about a week ago, its starting to look better now but I just wanted some ideas what it could be. He also has a little cut/scrape on his side that hes had since I got him, what can I do to help this heal?
Now for the real reason I'm writing. Over the past week it looks like one of his fins has started to turn white and is looking a little ragged. Its the fin near his tail...you know how they have the tail fin and then the two others one on the top and one on the bottom (sorry for that). Well the one on the top is exhibiting these symptoms. It doesn't seem to be bothering it, he still eats and swims around him but Im a little worried. Any Ideas what this might be? Fin rot perhaps?
Ammonia: 0
Nitrates: maybe like 10, I haven't water changed in a while.
Nitrites:0
Ph:8
Temp: 80 degrees
Tank Mates
1 Valentini Puffer - He doesn't bother the Lionfish
1 Blue Devil Damsel - Doesn't bother him either
Thanks

v-lioness

First he had some blotchy fading parts on his body, just looked like a patch of skin turning a little white. It seemed to clear up after a while but it came back about a week ago, its starting to look better now but I just wanted some ideas what it could be.
It sounds like your lion may have been shedding, they can look faded, you may see a whitish film (skin/cuticle) floating around or in the rocks. Shedding can be caused by a few different things such as parasites, poor nutrition, health problems, to much food and so on. When ever I see one of my lions shed, I start looking for a possible problem with that lion.
Over the past week it looks like one of his fins has started to turn white and is looking a little ragged.
It may be fin rot, cloudy tattered fins, there are a few things on the market you can use, I use K-mycin/Kanamycin, this will also treat the scrape. Don't let it go to far if you think your lion has fin rot, you may want to treat, this may also be the reason for the shedding.
Kaye

jdecorse25

My lionfish has never had that problem however I think it may be fin rot or something similar. Get an antibiotic. Their typically around $5.