Lions and triggers and eels oh my!?

devillion

I had recently bought a huma huma trigger and put him in a 20g set up i have,of course he is only 2inches long,wich brings me to my question,I have a lion fish wich is a little over 6 inches long in a seperate tank and was wondering if my trigger is big enough to defend him self before I decide to put him with my lion fish,and a eel im about to purchase(dont know for sure what kind of eel but he is electric blue and yellow if that tells you any thing?)

grouperhead

the blue eel you are referring to is a blue ribbon eel. DONT GET IT. IT WILL DIE. they almost never eat in captivity and 99.99 percent die. get a snowflake, chainlink, or something similar depending on tank size. bo

stupid me i didnt read the little ( ) ya agree with bo, i wouldnt get it, they never eat and if they do they will normally only eat live food, which in time will get very expensive, i dunno...... and remember it is just my opinion because some people have done it, but i wouldnt get a eel unless you have a sump type filter, eels espiecally the ones that are the best, jump out of tank so if you have any openings on the tank it will jump out of them, this is due to their very poor eye sight, they see somthing , think its food, and go for it and normally they end up on the floor. depending on how big your tank is and your preference i would go with a small puffer, valentini (spelling?) or a porcupine puffer. tells us a little more info. tank size, subsrate(live sand crushed coral etc.), and filter type(canister,power filter, sump) , do you have a protein skimmer? just a little more info...you have LR if so how much?
[ July 03, 2001: Message edited by: dlight692000 ]

puppy

while i was on vacation, my beloved black edged moray eel jumped out of his tank.. =( *Cries*

seatank

sorry puppy
you are talking about the blue ribbin eel and the reson it will die is that they are very and i meen very hard to feed. :( sorry for the bad news.