LIONS and ?

wanabebell

depends on what lions were talking about
but in gereral everything but the agressive triggers and all puffers
I personally have a angel with my volitan so I say angels can go with them but other people have different opinons.
but after that as long as the lion can swallow it its good to go with a lion

v-lioness

The group that should be avoided with lions include, most Eels, Frogfish and other Scorpion fish, Large Angelfish, Puffers and most Triggers (exception is Blue throats, crosshatch, pinktail and a few others).
These are known to prey on, harass or nip at lions.
I personally have a angel with my volitan so I say angels can go with them but other people have different opinons.
What works for some does not work for all. Adult angels are known for nipping fins, it will depend on the fish and environment. Fish can change, what works with juveniles may not work with maturity.
Kaye

xdave

With the exception of triggers and puffers, fish known to be fin nippers usually aren't that big of a problem with lions. If the species of lion and the other fish are from the same area, the other fish will recognise the lion as poisonous and generally not be stupid enough to risk their own death.

xdave

Oh yeah, almost forgot, eels can be a bad idea. They like the same food and attack from below where there is much less danger of being stung.

k-rok

I have a SFE and a large Damsel (meanest fish I've seen yet) with my Black Volitan Lion. I saw the SFE bite one of the Lions fins one time....but I honestly think it was a mistake as I was about to feed. I know they can't see well so I think he mistook the fin as food. They get along fine.....no problems.

unleashed

Originally Posted by K-ROK
I have a SFE and a large Damsel (meanest fish I've seen yet) with my Black Volitan Lion. I saw the SFE bite one of the Lions fins one time....but I honestly think it was a mistake as I was about to feed. I know they can't see well so I think he mistook the fin as food. They get along fine.....no problems.
this is the most common with eels and lions while eels being short sighted during feeding time the lion moves slowly normally getting hit in the fins by the eel as mistaken identity. although my jeweled eel would seamingly intentionally target my lion and chase him across the tank..yes i removed the lion from this eels tank.

kainrahl

I have 2 tanks working on a third. 90 gal and a 180 and soon a 280. Now saying this I have had the following fish in with a v. lion with zero fin nipping:
niger trigger
picaso trigger
blueline trigger
clown trigger
lunare wrasse
sf eel
jewled eel
They are not all in the same tank but I have never had a problem, mixing and matching I guess. I also have hermit crabs and urchins and 1 crowe snail that the triggers never bother.