Little feather duster

crustymonk

I just located my first signs of life in my tank. :jumping: I am a noob so excuse me but it looks like a little feather duster. (Wish I had a decent camera to post a pic) It does spread out and shoot back in a tube every now and then. My question is....I am planning on buying a cleaning crew to help with some brown stuff in my tank, will these hermits and snails destroy the feather duster? :notsure:
Thanks

alyssia

Originally Posted by crustymonk
I just located my first signs of life in my tank. :jumping: I am a noob so excuse me but it looks like a little feather duster. (Wish I had a decent camera to post a pic) It does spread out and shoot back in a tube every now and then. My question is....I am planning on buying a cleaning crew to help with some brown stuff in my tank, will these hermits and snails destroy the feather duster? :notsure:
Thanks

They probably won't bother it.

agent707

The Brown stuff will come and go. I had a BAD case of it when I first got my tank going... but it went away... Nothing will really eat it. Water changes will make it go away.
Then the Green algea came. Stuff WILL eat that. so don't fear it.

uberlink

Nothing will get the feather dusters. They're too quick! As for the algae slime stuff, go ahead with your cleanup crew--but the slime will largely take care of itself with time. Just a phase every new tank seems to go through.