Little Help With My New Lion

I just got a little Dwarf Zebra Lionfish on sunday. He is very interesting and active when the lights go out. Hes about 1.5'' long and he was eating frozen krill at my LFS when I bought him but since hes been in my tank he wont eat anything. Im well aware of his diet needs and have been using a feeder stick to try to get him to eat the frozen stuff but he wont. So I figured Id go out today and buy some ghost shrimp and little feeder guppies (just so he doesn't starve, I will continue trying the frozen later when hes eating better). Now my ? is, since ghost shrimp will die in a saltwater tank are there any saltwater guppies out there that could live/survive a while in the tank.

Like I said I already know that... A couple out FW fish wont make him drop dead. Id rather start him off eating with a feeder fish or two than sit there with a feeder stick and watch him starve.

dragonzim

The shrimp should survive for a couple of days. Just dont buy too many at a time. I used to get 5 or 6 at a time and let my lion eat them over a day or 2.

v-lioness

Agree, don't let him starve and young lions can starve pretty quick, make sure to feed the ghost shrimp something nutritional first, if they are in your tank, drop pellets for them to eat.
If your lion is small try frozen sand eels on your feeder stick, they are slender and normally smaller than silversides, plus keep trying the krill.
Kaye

traps

Just to ask, are you feeding after the lights are out and hes active? If you already meant that up there, then go see if you can get some baby mollies. Shouldn't be too hard to find them. Can be converted to saltwater and swim right in front of lions. (should note I've never converted baby mollies, only adults. Can't say 100% if babies could convert to saltwater over a slow drip.)

Ya I'm feeding when the lights are out and hes active. But he doesn't seen to want the guppies. One swam right in from of him and he didn't seen too interested. But I might have found a reason he may not have been eating...I was rewiring my tank a little and I'm thinking I plugged the heater into a dead outlet so my heater wasn't on for a while...The temp dropped to 70 degrees, I don't know how much of an issue it would be but Ive heard that could stop them from eating. The heaters back on and the tank is at 79 degrees.