little white bugs

shadow puppet

Are little white bugs common with live rock, or live sand? I've just recently started a saltwater tank, and am pretty new at all the things that might be hiding around in there... :D

ocellaris_keeper

hose little white bugs are very good. It means your tank is maturing. these are usually copapods - good food for your fishes.

tacks

Welcome to the board. The little white bugs you see are most likely copepods and are totally normal and harmless. I wouldn't worry about this.

shadow puppet

Thanks.. I hope I don't have any problems, but being the first salt water tank I have ever attempted, I suppose that some errors will occur most likely, correct? Though I've learned some here and there reading boards, and through friends who have had saltwater tanks set up for a few months.

ocellaris_keeper

Just be careful of extreme environment changes (water temp, salinity, water chemistry) and always look for ich (have some medications ready as well) and your tank should give you plenty of enjoyment.

shadow puppet

Yea, I hope to not learn from my mistakes. I'll do my best to not make any if I can.. Oh yea, and thanks to all for the welcome to the board. I am sure I'll get alot of use out of it! I already have, three posts in one day.. heh.