Little worms on the zoas.

lxxnp1234

I find some little worms on my zoas. It's very tiny, about half inch and brown or black in color. I think they are worms, not the little bugs runing in my tank at night. My camera cannot take them, because they are too small. Any idea what are they? Are they harmful?

ajroc31

If the are flat brown with a little red spot on them, Try to get them out asap. THose are flatworms, however, if they are very active, then they are not flatworms, and you could relax. In your tank you will find many little critters like that, no worries.

cranberry

Check out Dorvilleidae.
They can come in all different colours. Some I have are black and white stripes. You can barely notice the bristles when they are climbing on the rock.

lxxnp1234

I am not sure the thre is any red spot on their bodies, they are too small. But they are not active and move very slow. I google Dorvilleidae, I don't think they are Dorvilleidae.
One thing I forgot to mention. I found 2 or 3 snails in my tank, they don't have shells. They are usually on the glasses. Are they flatworms?

cranberry

I agree that if they move slow, they aren't the Dorvs.
Those snails without shells is probably stomatella snails. They have shells, they just aren't very visible on all. They have more of a slip covering than the traditional snail shell.

lxxnp1234

There are two things found in my tank. The PODs bites my zoas and the little brown things on the LR become more and more. they are soft. Any idea what are they?
Thanks.

lxxnp1234

OMG!! Are they isopods?? I found it when I came back home today. they are small, but they are swimming in the tank and crawling on the glass, not like amphipods. (sorry the pics are not very clear)
I planed to by some fish to eat the flatworm, but if there are some isopods in my tank, my tank........

What should I do?

handbanana

How do they move? I have Amphi's that look kinda like that ( I think, Kinda hard to tell) And they swim all over the place.
Altho mine have a bunch of antenna.
Are they fast of kinda clumsey? Mine swim, then float around and bump into stuff, then swim some more.
Idk if that helps at all