1 Penguin power head
40 lb of cured live lr + cc
7 turbo snails + 5 hermit crabs
1 yellow tang
1 Maroon clown
1 Copperband
Feed my fish 1 time a day
Thank you
I am going to add some live plants today from my LFS(maybe some shaving brush) or anything that will help me with my red algea. Should i get a little better light in addition to what i have($36 a light bulb!!!). If yes what would be a good choice? Thanks.

aarone

definatley, 40 watts is not nearly enough for a 75 gallon, especially if you want to keep live plants, or corals. Also to help with your red algae, i would suggest to get another powerhead or two. I have two in my 30 gallon. water movement is really important for controlling algaes.

col

Alex
Have you tried syphoning the red algae.
I would not spend money on lighting just as a reason to get rid of cyano - you will be disappointed in my opinion.

col

Alex
Syphoning is when you use a tube (or hose) to drain some water out of the tank into a bucket.
Just hold the end in the tank around the red algae and it will suck it up.
You will need to replace the water you syphon off, so have some mixed ready.
Have you got all them fish in a 1 month old tank?

alex.m

ok! Yes i got this fish adding 1 in a week time and they all seems doing great(Thanks God)
thank you

col

Alex
You really want to slow down a bit here. I would let your tank settle down a bit before adding more fish.
Things can go wrong pretty quickly in an unstable tank.
Just my opinion of course.

beaslbob

live plants will thrive with considerable less light than everyone says they need for other livestock espicially corals. May I suggest you use enough light so the plants are ok, growing and the water remains clear. As the plants grow then you can increase the lighting.