Live Rock Finally Came!

reefeel

My live rock finally came :jumping: after getting lost in the Philadelphia Airport. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to build stuctures and connecting the rocks?

renogaw

trial and error in a plastic tote :)
or, put some base rock down put your largest pieces spanning the baserock, then just steadily stack up. some people epoxy them together, but then they are always there and you can't get them apart. you could also drill the rock and put in plastic pegs for more stability. just be very careful of your rock falling in your tank... rock vs glass = water on the floor.

1journeyman

Do what looks good and is sturdy. Make sure you leave enough room around the tank to allow for good flow, especially in the back where you won't be looking.

reefeel

The tank is a room divider so when I will be arranging the live rock I can't touch any sides except for the right side of the tank.

karak40

How many pounds of Live Rock did you get? And What size is your tank?? Can you show us some pictures of the tank?

reefeel

I got 390 lbs of Fiji live rock. The tank is 300 gallons with a 150 gallon sump. Right now the tank is extremely ugly looking, not to mention the stands sides are not on, so I think I'll keep everyone hanging until next week.

karak40

Sounds like you got a pretty nice setup. Here are some pictures of my divider. it is also around 270-280 gallons.

acrylic51

Glad to see you finally got it....When did it arrive??? You can drill and pin your rock for certain effects, and easy to do.

reefeel

The rock arrived at around 10amI am thinking maybe using acrylic rods or something along the line. I am going to have plenty to do tomorrow after the oh-so-joyous SAT Subject tests.
I stopped off at TFP tonight and there livestock is horrible looking at least a third if not more were sick and or dying. :scared:

acrylic51

I know what you mean.....I'm down there at least 3-4 times a week and everyone knows me by first name and I know them.....and I always get the scoop as to what's going on and it hasn't been good lately......They are ick infested.....the UV's aren't doing crap!!!!!!!
Yes acrylic rod will work very nicely at pinning the rock and have done it by drilling the rock with a diamond concrete bit and acrylic rod.....I thought I've seen somewhere that someone had used those glue gun glue sticks, but don't hold me to that if it worked or is safe????