Live Rock Lights

f1shman

I don't think it needs anything more then basic fluorescent lighting to survive. Not sure about how much to thrive .

fishieness

it depends on the rock. I would upgrade lighting from whatever stock lighting you may have though. They do make better NO lights that are pretty cheap. Prices depending on the size. But if there are tons of plants or hitchiker corals, they will need more lights. As long as there are no corals, they should be okay as far as my experience has gone. The more lighting option is always a better one though, with or w/o corals.

fishieness

woops. forgot one thing. The bacteria that makes live rock live and filter your tank biologicaly, does not need high, intence lights. so even if some plants die, the live rock will still be live.

king bubba

I might have gotten you on that one. I build everything! Then again, I might have gotten myself. It's happened before. Thanks guys.

mudplayerx

If you are in Clarksville, TN head over to Pet Palace on HWY 76 close to where it intersects Madison Ave. I got them to sell me live rock for $4 a pound. It was good quality with lovely purple macro.

D

damslndsrs

Originally Posted by Saltyfishy
I paid 160.00 for 50 lbs
Hey I live in Chicago also, that wasn't a local place was it?