Live Rock. live or dead?

B

b.b.bigbrother

You could be creating your own problems,or when you bought it did it look dead? I've found that i add too much stuff to my water wich affects the life in my tank. People that add all the stuff to their tanks all the time create toxic levels. I forget who told me but i think NM REEF only adds half the recomended amount on bottle i think even only once a month. Ive been trying to do this and mushrooms,polypes are doing better even my yellow in wich i was having a hard time with and i thought were goners. So i do'nt know if this is your problem but i've found my problem and thought i might share before you try every bottle under the sun. I've found like others coralvite and calcium i add other stuff here and there just to use it up. just cut down on chemicals, keep water conditions best you can,perform 15% water change once a month AND LEAVE IT ALONE and what ever is left there will grow. :cool:

byrself

test your tank for copper. could have been introduced by mistake. will kill your rock if it is. will be ruined more than likely. only way to know is test, maybe bring some water to fish store and let them test. could be a reason.
hope not though. good luck ;)