Live Rock off e--bay??

jimmies51

Has anyone bought any of the live rock off of e--bay. It is a little cheaper but i'm wondering if it's a case of getting what you pay for. I have read a lot of the feedback for these sellers and it is all really good with people saying the rock is really nice with really nice growth, etc. I'm fairly new to this so I'm just wondering if any of you have any thoughts on this subject, thanks.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by jimmies51
Has anyone bought any of the live rock off of e--bay. It is a little cheaper but i'm wondering if it's a case of getting what you pay for. I have read a lot of the feedback for these sellers and it is all really good with people saying the rock is really nice with really nice growth, etc. I'm fairly new to this so I'm just wondering if any of you have any thoughts on this subject, thanks.
We got about 100lbs of live rock off ---- before for really cheap. They ship it cured...but w/o water it arrives uncured. This will cycle your tank. Other then that we got some really nice pieces for cheap!!!

ljroman85

I agree I order about 50lbs with my brother and we both felt good about the purchase and it looks as good as ever in the tank

dartman

The best i bought off, was the lettus rock. WOW was that nice came with free shipping and nice hitchhickers.

hot883

I got ripped off by Ocfishybiz. he mailed mine through Parcel Post and it took 14 days to get to me.

seannmelly

the first time we got rock it was suppose to b there in 2-3 days (figi live rock). we never got it. we called and they said they had a whole huge shipment and when it came through customs, they didnt close the boxes and it dried up...ruining the live rock. so they said that we would receive it in another 2-3 days and they added extra 50lbs.

hot883

Originally Posted by eddie1973
What an idiot to send liverock parcel post.
Eddie
And the worst part is he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

jrmafia90

Originally Posted by hot883
I got ripped off by Ocfishybiz. he mailed mine through Parcel Post and it took 14 days to get to me.
14 days, now that's a long shipping time.

Was thinking about setting up a 75 or 90 for my 12 year old to get into the hobby and have his first very own tank and saw this thread. Did some research and found fiji for $2.05/lb. Any of you that have done this, my question is how was it shipped to you? What I mean is, was it sealed or just tossed in a box??

hot883

Originally Posted by Marine Fanatic
Was thinking about setting up a 75 or 90 for my 12 year old to get into the hobby and have his first very own tank and saw this thread. Did some research and found fiji for $2.05/lb. Any of you that have done this, my question is how was it shipped to you? What I mean is, was it sealed or just tossed in a box??
You need to contact the seller and find out from them how they pack and ship. Normally it is damp and covered in wet newspaper and placed inside of 2-3 bags and then boxed. it will still ahve some die off on it from shipping, but perfect for cycling a new tank or you can re-cure it in tubs.

seannmelly

Originally Posted by hot883
You need to contact the seller and find out from them how they pack and ship. Normally it is damp and covered in wet newspaper and placed inside of 2-3 bags and then boxed. it will still ahve some die off on it from shipping, but perfect for cycling a new tank or you can re-cure it in tubs.
EXACTLY!!!!

fisherson

i got about 50lbs one the that site and was pretty happy with it too. But like they say it's got all sorts of growth and stuff when they ship it so make sure you clean it real good.