live rock prices

reefcrazy

i'm yust wondering how mush is the live rock were every body lives, over here in chicago the cheapest that i got it is 3 bucks per pound of fiji he had it on special that day. one of my other lfs has it for 10 bucks a pound i'm not sure want kind but i tink that's alot. the rest of the lfs is around 6 bucks per pound.

alianated

I have heard over and over that its more expensive on the east coast.
Out here it is $5 lb for 10lbs or less. $4 for 20lbs or more and $3 for 30lbs or more.
But the cool thing out here (kinda silly) is that you can buy a nice sized live rock that would cost $20.00 based on its weight that has mushrooms on it. So you can get the best of both worlds if you just need a couple lbs.

alianated

Sacramento
If you are ever curious, you can look at the bottom of a persons post. It should say where they are, unless they are paranoid about one of us being a weirdo/stalker or something. Which is silly, cause we are fish people. The only thing I would stalk is Adrian's reef tank.
lol

fshhub

here in pa it is 5.95 n lb but some places want 7.99 and another wants 10.95 for cured and9.95 for uncured

option720

In Oregon it runs from 5-8 bucks a pound. Alot of the places out here try and jack up the prices of stuff depending on where their located.

rhomer

Here in Atlanta the price veries widely, Petland wants 10.99 lb for Fiji rock, some places want 8.99 lb and other want 4.99 lb. I just walk around scratching my head, and wonder.

kevin01

I have to make the short hour drive to Houston, but it is well worth it at 3.99 a lb for cured Fiji. BTW I am heading down tomorrow morning to pick up another 30-35 lbs. :)

mlm

In New Orleans you can find it from 3.99 a pound up to 8.99 a pound for different types.

fishgod

Here in Jax, Fl. it's 4.49 to 6.99 per lb but lfs seem to cut deals for people who buy large amounts. They just ot in some fiji rock that was throughly coated with corroline algae, I mean it looked like it was painted on, and I got 50 lbs of it for 50.00

wrigley11

Hey reefcrazy... where about's chicago are you from. I'm in the north burbs and was wondering what lfs you go to.
I can give you the names of a few lfs that I know about if you would like.