live rock question

yardman4ev

i have a 55 gallon running now and only have about 13lbs of live in it, i know i need like 40 more lbs, but at the time i started, and even now, ive been just adding 1 new piece every week, is this ok, its just expensive right now to get the rest all at once, and even if i do, can it all be added at once? or just stick to the original plan of 1 new piece per week? i already have fish and inverts in there:help:

jonny bolt

What your doing is fine. But you could put it all in there at the same time if you wanted, as long as it is cured. You didnt mention where your getting it, but it sounds to me like you might be grabbing one LR at a time from your LFS, and taking it home to put in the tank. So it's cured I assume and ok to put in.

yardman4ev

yea, its cured, but its just expensive and i just spent a lot on the skimmer and all and im just going slowly now, all my fish are good, and i dont want to disturb the balance in there ya know? when more $$$$$$ becomes available, ill probably get the rest of the rock, but, for now i just add one piece a week, and am now starting to build my reef up, since i now have a nice base on the bottom , thanks for the input!!!!!!:jumping: