Live Rock Questions

fla. keys

Anyone have any experience in ordering live rock from either swf.com or ffexpress.com(flying fish)?
Please let me know good or bad experiences?

crystain

I just ordered uncured Tonga Ridge Rock from ffexpress. The rock is beautiful, covered with brilliantly colored coralline algae. I spent a bit of time scrubbing the obviously dead bits off with a toothbrush, but I didn't find any nuisance critters. The rock has been cycling in my tank for about a week things seem to be moving along pretty quickly.

jumpfrog

I received 45lbs from ffexpress about a month ago. I chose the 2 day delivery vice the overnight. Not one of my better decisions. More die-off than I would of liked. The rock was ok but not great. I ordered it for foundation rock as I'm getting the better pieces from LFS so I can pick. Bottom line, I got what I paid for. Average $3.25 a pound delivered vice $7.00 plus tax at the LFS. Good Luck!

ramey70

I got rock from ffexpress.com it was awesome. HEAVILY encrusted in coraline and 6 months later I'm still getting new things pop up. Unlike the other guy on this thread I opted for overnight delivery. I think it makes all the difference in the world and it's definitely worth it.

templar

Just setup a tank today using 45 lbs of Fiji Premium, 20 lbs of Tonga Ridge, and 20 lbs of Maori all from FF Express. Highly satisfied with the rock, I also setup my 46 with FF Express Premium Fiji. All orders were overnight orders (They arrived in less then 24 hours of order!) which makes all the difference. They have really great rock and nice prices! Highly Reccomended!