Live rock rubble for fuge?

nytrillium

I was wondering if anyone has found a place to order live rock rubble for a fuge. I want to get like 40 lbs of rock in really small pieces like 1-3 inches so that i have alot of surface area in the fuge. It will also make alot of space and hiding places for pods to grow in. I emailed SWF to see if they could fill the order so we will see...

A

anthonynyc

Originally Posted by NYTrillium
I was wondering if anyone has found a place to order live rock rubble for a fuge. I want to get like 40 lbs of rock in really small pieces like 1-3 inches so that i have alot of surface area in the fuge. It will also make alot of space and hiding places for pods to grow in. I emailed SWF to see if they could fill the order so we will see...
I've seen these at the local fish store. Usually at the bottom of the live rock tanks, a lot of small pieces break off. I'm sure you can get them for cheap if you ask.
Anthony

chipmaker

If you can not find rubble being offered, just get whatever size they sell its easy to break up into small pieces....

nytrillium

I found a place in Hawaii that sells dead rock around thats size, but that doesnt really help me that much... ANyone have any other ideas. If not i may just have to do that.

drewco

if it where me I would just buy the rock and smash it with a hammer on like a tarp.
JMO. Good luck.
Drew

nytrillium

:notsure: That seems like a waste of perfectly good large pieces of live rock... I would kinda hate to do that.

bailey52

any place that sells LR has rubble rock most likely as someone said... they sell cheap... also eebay does. i just checked

nytrillium

i saw normal size rock for 2.15 a lb.? Shipping was like 20$ but that was for ups ground ( probably at least a week from them in CA. Would a week still be alright?

nytrillium

AHH yess, I found one .. its only for 10 lbs but ill try to see about a larger box. the bid is at around 1$ a lb right now with 15 shiping.

nytrillium

I live in the northeast in the boonies and the only LFS within an hour doesnt carry a large supply of rock.... They have a small pond liner with like 5-10 pieces and thats it.
I wish i could do that though... Im still holding out on SWF.com so ill see what they can do... ill probably pay out the ass for it but oh well....