Live Rock

fish4901

I don't have any live rock in my tank and my Coral Beauty is being really picky so I thought adding some LR would give him something more to eat. My question is does LR come with pest at all like worms or something. If so do the fish eat those at all becasue at the lfs I saw a piece with a worm in it. Just kind of curious cause I don't want worms. Also if you put a little live rock in will it cause your other rock to become LR.
Thanks

h2oengr

Try to keep in mind that all these little worms and critters are what makes our little ecosystems (reefs) run! Without the bacteria in the filter media or bioballs, none of this would be possible. :yes:
Although you may bring some hitch-hikers home with you, most of them are good. I remember bring home some LR and realizing once I got it in my tank that it had baby feather dusters on it. You'll get all kinds of bonuses. Most of them will be good - for the most part.:thinking:
If you're really worried about it, get some baserock (much cheaper) and grow stuff on it. Then, you'll know there won't be worms . . . if you are deathly afraid of them! :D