live rock

Hi all, We bought some pre-cured live rock and are almost into the third week of cycling it. When we got it in we lightly brushed it put it in our 90 gallon with live sand. Yesterday I did a 50 % water change along with taking all the rock out (nice golden brown) and brushed it again (the amount of coraline purple and light green is amazing) put some calcium in to boost that up. How much longer do I wait? What test do I need to run and when, don't really want to test until I need to.
90 gallon corner bow face
700 mag drive pump
couple of power heads
35 pounds of live sand
etts protien skimmer
100 pounds of live rock
lighting right now is two pc
waiting for our balast to come in for our 2 250w halide.
Thanks in advance

a&m aggie 04'

you could have tested a few days after you put in the rock to see if you had a ammonia spike. If i were you i'd test as soon as you can, ammonia and nitrite. As soon as these things are at 0, you can slowly start to add a clean up crew, and a few fish. However make sure you add inhabitants slowly to your tank, so you dont cause a change in your water chemistry. Once you want to start adding corals, you'll need to start testing for calcium and alkalinity.
Also, id make sure your salinity is where you want it, 1.023-.025 range, and PH at appx- 8.2
Mark